In winter there is a high chance that you catch a cold or a nasty flu. If you know that you have a tendency to get sick once the cold season kicks in, you should prepare in time with some efficient home remedies. One homemade “potion” that can be very helpful is vapor rub and you can make it very easily. Plus you can use this vapor rub on your children too as it will contain only natural ingredients that can’t cause allergies or have side effects. The key ingredients in the homemade vapor rub are 3 oils: Eucalyptus Oil, Peppermint Oil and Rosemary Oil. So if you are curios to find out the recipe for this home remedy, just head to this next link where you can find the instructions on how to make your own all natural ingredients vapor rub.
Vapor Rub Ingredients
- 1/2 cup olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil (use only 4 drops for use on babies and young children)
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil (substitute 4 drops fir essential oil for use on babies and small children)
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil (omit for use on babies and small children)
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional- omit for use on babies or small children.
Vapor Rub Instructions
- Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
- Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with coconut oil before using)
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Small tins work well, as do little jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or to use on baby feet.
- Use as needed to help reduce coughing and congestion.