The Military Diet is a short term food plan that claims to help you lose up to ten pounds in a very short period of time. A recent study showed that weight loss takes first place in popularity among New Year’s resolutions. If you are a part of this statistic, you can try this diet to get rid of extra pounds by eating hot-dogs and ice-cream!
Why it’s so popular
One of the most attractive rules of this diet is that it lasts only 3 days. It claims that you can lose up to 10 pounds in a very short period of time! You can achieve these results only if you follow the eating plan precisely.
Another appeal is the fact that this diet is very easy to follow. You don’t need to count calories and buy a long list of really expensive supplements. The diet requires ingredients you can find at your nearest grocery store.
You supposedly get skinny fast, because the millitary diet is aimed at boosting your metabolism. By decreasing your calorie intake over a short period, you will get rid of fat mass. But it’s not typical starvation diet. It’s low in calories, but provides you with the energy you need to have a productive day. It includes healthy fats, carbohydrates, protein.
- Breakfast: a cup of hot beverage (coffee or tea), one slice of toast (wholegrain is better), 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, half of a grapefruit.
- Lunch: a cup of hot beverage (coffee or tea), a slice of toast, a half-cup of tuna.
- Dinner: about 85 grams of any meat (cooked in boiling water or steamed), one cup of green beans, half of a banana, one small apple, and you can treat yourself with one cup of vanilla ice cream (I like this diet!).
- Breakfast: One slice of toast (wholegrain is better), one hard boiled egg, half of a banana.
- Lunch: one more hard boiled egg, 5 saltines, one cup of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 2 hot dogs (it’s getting even more intresting!) without a bun, a half-cup of carrots, a cup of broccoli, half of a banana which you can cover with 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream (you deserve it!)
- Breakfast: 5 saltines with a slice of cheddar cheese and one small apple.
- Lunch: a slice of toast (wholegrain is better again), one egg (light lunch).
- Dinner: a cup of tuna and your favorite part of dinner — half a banana with a whole cup of vanilla ice cream.
If you want to achieve better results, follow the diet for 3 days then eat normal food for the next 4 days. And, don’t overeat during those 4 days if you don’t want your weight back. Repeat The Millitary Diet for several weeks in a row until you reach your goal. It’s recommended you stick to this eating plan for a whole month.
Make a habit of starting your day with a glass of water. Drink two glasses of water before every meal. Water is filling, it reduces your appetite and helps you feel full longer. Don’t forget about drinking water during the 4 days of eating normal.
Find yoursef a diet buddy to control and motivate each other! If you do this, you are way more likely to succeed.
Severely restricting calories is not suitable for everyone. It’s always a good idea to visit and consult a doctor before trying any new diet. Whether the diet is right for you depends on your health and your doctor’s recommendations.
What do you think about the millitary diet? Have you tried it?
Source: Bright Side